Saturday, June 12, 2010

Favourite Movies

I saw this on another blog of children's book reviewers and thought it would make a good topic to talk about. Since I'm not much into book reviewing, I'd better not post on their blog unless they want my views on Proust or Balzac.

I'm not much into children's books like they are unless it's the story of "Balto" or "Husky in a Hut". That's Cathy's area of interest. Also it might confuse them to have a dog posting and I don't want to scare all those nice people. Then again, it might stir things up. Heheh I know. I'm wicked. Mwhahahaha

If anyone else wants to talk about their favourite movies, feel free.

Oh NOOOO! Cathy is bugging me to say what her favourites are. Geesh, that girl. Go get your own blog is what I tell her.

Well, I did say people could share what their favourite movies are so I guess I'd better let her post.

If anyone has a blog, why not link it to mine and we can share about our favourite movies. Sounds like fun. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. And I like my belly scratched too while you're at it. *rolls over onto back for a belly scratch*

Eight Below is such a great movie with all those clever huskies starring in it. And what a heartwarming story, too. That guy was so terrific going back to Antarctica to rescue his team. Awwwww. It really is my most favourite of all.



I enjoy Snow Dogs, as it is great fun and those dogs really show the owners who's boss. It makes me laugh every time I watch it. I wish I had a role in that movie as they looked like they had a great time making it.

I'm clever enough. I could easily have been in both movies. When is a talent agent going to spot me and make me a star? Guess not much is going to happen when I'm hidden away in the backyard. Even more reason for me to blog this way. Self promotion and establishing a platform is the key to success according to everything I've been reading.

Cathy has insisted that she post a few of her *Gag* favourites, too. YUCK! That girl has absolutely NO TASTE!


Cathy just adores "Jane Eyre" and has watched it umpteen times. She says that Toby Stephens as Mr. Rochester is the absolute best. Cathy can't resist him wearing those riding breeches and boots. Much sexier than any of the other actors who have played the role. Drool, drool, drool. Her words, not mine! *Rolls eyes at Cathy's immature behaviour.*

Cathy loves the book and the whole story of orphan Jane finding happiness with the lonely and brooding Mr. Rochester.

Her words not mine. Gag! Gack, this girl needs to get out more if this is what her favourite movie is. Sigh.

Her other favourite movie is no other than the sugary sweet movie of "Sound of Music."


Cathy recalls going to see it when she was 12 years old and being so captivated that she went back the next night to see it again. She has the music and knows all the lyrics to the songs. Heck, she could probably recite all the dialogue too since she's seen the movie so often. This girl needs help, I tell you! GAG!

So what's your favourite movie? I'd love to know.



1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen either of those movies, Loup, but your review makes them sound very good. Maybe if you really want to be discovered you need to be on youtube. It worked for that kid that all the children are getting themselves worked up about at the moment. And isn't he Canadian too?

    ReplyDelete