Wednesday, September 22, 2010

You can make a difference!


Today I signed up to be Facebook pals with Barack Obama and Stephen Harper. WOOHOO! Well, I’m not exactly their Facebook friends but I LIKE their pages so that’s close, isn’t it?

I wanted to go and say hi to Stephen Harper at the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa but Cathy didn’t think that would work out too well. He’s always got lots of RCMP and bodyguards around him.

I guess I do appear a bit threatening since I’m so big and boisterous. That must be why a lot of neighbours hide when they see me coming. Or maybe it’s because of Tanner. He does have that effect on people, too. And don’t even get me started about Tyna.

I like being friends with politicians almost as much as movie stars like Angelina Jolie. Did you see me on her shirt the other day? *Whistles* I bet you Brad was jealous when he saw that.

Rory had a question on his French homework this morning that got me thinking.

If you could change the world, what would you do?

As a furry friend (I’m even including cats and rodents here, aren’t I generous?), you might not think you could do much to make a difference in this world but you’d be surprised. Even changing your small little world around you can have an impact. We are all connected in the great circle of life.

*Breaks into song*

The Circle of Life,

and it moves us all.....

Oh, oh, here comes Elton John and he doesn’t look happy that I sang his song without paying royalties. Sorry, Elton. Didn’t think you’d mind. After all, you’re rich and I’m not.

Anyhow, where was I? *Comes out of song filled reverie*

Here are ten things we furry friends could do to make a difference in our little worlds. This mostly pertains to dogs, but I’m sure cats and rodents can gleen some gems out of my words of wisdom.

  1. Eat lots and lots of petfood and pet treats to keep the petfood industry afloat.

  2. Chew your toys to bits so that your humans have to buy you more. Chew up things like slippers and sunglasses so that humans have to replace them. Good for the economy. These are tough economic times we live in and we need to help the best we can.

  3. Think green. I do my best and play with the boys’ old holey socks as toys. *Violins gently play and poor ol poverty stricken Loup chews on his old sock and munches on his mouldy rain-soaked, low-grade dogfood* O Woe is me! This must be how depression dogs felt. Maybe I’ll run away and catch a ride on the rails like the Littlest Hobo. You remember him, don'tcha?

    “Travelin around from town to town.
    Some day, I think I’ll settle down......"
    Uh, where I was I? Oh yeh. *Shakes head and rattles brains*

  4. Dig lots of holes and rip out the grass to help aerate the lawn. This also helps cut down on greenhouse emissions from not having to mow so much lawn. Naturalization is where it’s at!

  5. Eat up leftovers so they don’t go to waste and be sure to gobble them up with glee to make your human feel good. Be sure to pre-rinse the dishes with your tongue so that the dishwasher doesn’t get clogged.

  6. Look as adorable as can be for when your humans want to take your picture. Nothing brings them more joy so go along with it if you can stomach it. I draw the line at the cute outfits though. Winnie might like it but I’m too macho for that kind of thing, unless it’s a leather jacket. *hint, hint to Cathy*

  7. Make sure to stir up a little excitement now and then to keep your humans from becoming too complacent. Make sure they take you for a walk as it’s good for them to get outdoors and breath fresh air instead of spending hours hunched over their computers. Also a dogfight now and then is good for keeping them on their toes.

  8. Stir up some trouble by pooping on the neighbour’s lawn while on walks so that your humans get a chance to get to know their neighbours better. It’s a lonely world and neighbours just don’t bond the way they used to. It’s up to you to break the ice.

  9. Be happy to see every human you meet on your walks. Jump up on them with great enthusiasm and sniff them all over. Even though they may seem surprised, scared, or annoyed, deep down they love the attention.

  10. Make sure to give licks and cuddles to your humans a few times a day. Always be happy to see them. They work hard and endure a lot of stress in their lives since they’re humans and humans love stress. It gives them a reason for living, I guess. I don’t get it myself and would rather play. It’s our job to give them lots of unconditional love. It’s a dog-eat-dog world out there. Just what does that mean anyhow? Do dogs really eat each other? That’s just gross.

Until next time, live in the moment and make sure to take some time to play today like I do.

Love Loup



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Loup, you put so much thought into your posts. You are the most thought-filled dog I know. :)

    ReplyDelete